Certain groups of people are entitled to a free Sight Test and/or help with glasses, under the National Health Service.. The groups who qualify for this are:
- Income support.
- Jobseekers allowance – Income based only.
- Pension Credit Guaranteed
- Income based Employment and Support allowance (not contribution based)
- An HC2 certificate in your or your partner’s name.
- NHS tax credit exemptions in your or your partner’s name.
- Disabled Person’s Tax Credit at the full rate or DPTC reduced by £70 or less
If you are
- Aged 60 or over
- Aged under 16
- Aged 16,17 or 18 and in full time education
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Aged 40 or over and the parent, brother, sister or child of a person with glaucoma
- Diagnosed with Diabetes or glaucoma; or you’ve been advised by an Ophthalmologist (eye doctor) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- A prisoner on leave from prison
- Eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher